The performance-oriented Alesis V25 offers expressive hands-on control for the software musician seeking an inexpensive, compact MIDI keyboard controller with expanded features.
The new V series combines velocity-sensitive keys with eight drum/trigger pads, allowing virtual instruments to be played with dynamic expression. Cool blue LEDs illuminate the pads—as well as the four assignable knobs and buttons—for positive visibility. Musicians can make assignments quickly via the MIDI Learn feature. Octave shift keys provide access to the entire note range. A single USB cable provides both a power and data connection to nearly any computer.
The V25 also comes with Software Preset/Parameter utility that makes setup a snap and includes free downloads for Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this unit need a power supply to work?
These controllers are USB hub-powered and do not take an external power supply.
Do I need to install drivers for this to work on my PC/MAC?
No, these controllers are class-compliant meaning that they are plug-and-play and do not require a specific driver download in order to function. The V series controllers will function on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well as all Mac operating systems that are 10.4.11 and above. Also, because they are class-compliant, they will continue to function as Windows and Apple come out with later updates and operating systems.
What are the programmable buttons for?
Use these buttons to send MIDI CC messages to your software. They can function as momentary or toggle (latching) buttons. You can also use the V Editor software to set each button to send program and change messages to your software. See the V Editor’s User Guide to learn how to do this.
Does this have pre-programmed sounds?
These controllers do not. They are midi controllers and are meant to trigger software in your computer that has sounds built into them such as Ableton, Logic ect…
What kind of sustain pedals does this use?
The V Series has a connection for a 1/4″” TS sustain pedal (Momentary non-latching footswitch). It would be helpful to have one that has a polarity switch on it in case you want to customize the way the pedal reacts when being pressed down or released.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
- Keyboard: 61 keys; velocity-sensitive; full range of 127 MIDI notes with Octave Up/Down buttons or transposition
- Pads: 8 assignable pads; velocity-sensitive; blue-backlit
- Knobs: 4 assignable 270° knobs; blue-backlit
- 4 assignable buttons; blue-backlit
- 2 Octave Up/Down buttons; blue-backlit
- Inputs / Outputs
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” TS footswitch input
- Power: via computer USB connection
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 44.1” x 9.6” x 4.5”
- Weight: 11.5 lbs
- V Editor Software (download)
- Software Download Cards
- USB Cable
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- Perfect building block for music producer needing to control plug-ins and virtual instruments
- 61 full-sized, square-front keys with adjustable sensitivity
- 8 LED-backlit drum trigger pads respond to both velocity and pressure
- 4 assignable knobs, 4 assignable buttons, and Pitch & Mod wheels
- USB-powered with sustain-pedal input